Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Big Two Zero!

It happened. I am no longer a teenager! Wild!!!! This was my first birthday ever away from my family, but thanks to my amazing roommate Taneesa, it was one of my best birthdays yet. She is so wonderful and I am so grateful for her love and thoughtfulness she pours towards me everyday. Lets begin from the beginning... thats a very good place to start, you know... :)

  • I am a pretty early riser. During the week, I wake up at 6 every morning. So on Saturday, when I should be waking up late to allow time for a birthday surprise apparently, I woke up at 8 and thought that was a wonderful birthday sleep in. I start getting out of bed and Taneesa says, "Lauren, go back to sleep." I say, "I can't Taneesa!" She tells me to try, so I close my eyes as I hear her rummaging around the aparment for the next hour while I'm faking that I am still asleep. I sneak Fablehaven 5 to read under the covers. Finally, she comes in to get me and says she is ready. And this is what I find :)
Yes, my name is spelled purposely wrong...
Streamers!
Little 20's everywhere with "We Love You" signs
Bathroom decorations
Little 20's everywhere!

  • My roommates then provided a delicious breakfast for me of colored pancakes and eggs. So yummy! So sweet :)





  • After the breakfast, I had to complete a poster for one of my classes. So I got hard to work, in my birthday hat, on my poster...
 I am a cheap college student, so instead of using poster board, I cut up this box
 Happy Birthday to me.. happy birthday to me...
 Gandhi says, "happy birthday to me too!" hahahaha
 I love Gandhi...
Poster created 

  • Let me just remind you, that yes, my birthday is in the month of April, and on the day of the 9th, where most people consider it to be a spring month. But let me allow you to take a gander at the conditions outside on this lovely day of my birth...


Oh Logan...

  • Next I opened lovely cards from my family everywhere. They were all so sweet and kind to remember me on my birthday :)
More came later that day :)

  • Next, Taneesa allowed me the choice of anywhere I wanted to go for my birthday. As nasty as this is, I really wanted to go to a Chinese Buffet! Unfortunately, the only one in town was shut down a week ago for either selling cat, diseased chicken, or health code issues; rumors are still circulating. So, I decided we should go to the newest restaurant in town called "Chuck-a-Rama", a crazy massive buffet! I was met by tons of my favorite people, flowers, and balloons! Holy moly did I feel loved!
 Matt, Kels, and Bryce
 Love this boy more than words...
 The reason I came to the buffet... :)
 More treats :)
 Flowers, so freaking pretty :)
Balloons!!!!
 Jem and I laughing
 Party People
 My Favs!

  • While I was at the lovely buffet, a little man came hobbling up to me and asked if it was my birthday. I said it was, and he said it was his too and that he had a little something for me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a 2 dollar bill :) It made me laugh and smile so much! I asked for a picture with him. Oh, I just adore people that are out to make your day that much better.

What a wonderful birthday. Once again, I am so blessed :)

1 comment:

Phil and Molly said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Looks like you had an awesome day :)

Followers