Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mountain Men Date

Taneesa and I were asked out on a lovely date with two of our favorite people in the whole world. We went into the canyon, had a bon fire and dinner. The whole night was so flipping fun, but lets just go over a few highlights...
  • When they came to pick us up, I decided to wear my ugly purple trek night gown and act like I was dead serious that I was going to wear it. They said I looked beautiful like the nice boys they are... I was laughing so hard.
  • The comments on the fact that I don't eat food... which is a complete lie, I mean look at me, and the shopping for pears. I love pears and I chose them as my treat for the campout.
  • It took over an hour to start the fire, and yes, they did have matches. After multiple failed attempts, much laughter, a fire was finally a glow.
  • Matt had to keep going into the woods and getting wood. I was dying when he was sliding down from way up the mountain with a branch twice his size. I kept calling, "you okay?" We continued getting to know each other by shouting down the mountain and having a full conversation 40 feet away from each other. Oh boy.
  • Bryce bought those big massive loafs of garlic bread, you know, the ones that are suppose to cook in the oven for a good ten minutes. He decided we could just cook it in the fire with the tin foil wrapped around it, which is actually paper. Yep, fire burning. Matt and I decided to try cooking a chunk on a piece of painted plywood over the fire. Ya, probably not the greatest idea. We both bit in and tried to act like it was okay until finally Matt said, "I can't eat this anymore... I'm sorry!" and threw it in the fire. I told him thank goodness cuz that was the nastiest thing I had eaten in a long time. It tasted like straight plywood and I'm sure the paint fumes in it were toxic! Ha ha ha!!!
  • I loved singing and talking around the fire. I laughed very hard, multiple times, especially at the fact that the smoke would not leave Matt and I alone! For real! I don't think I've ever had that much smoke in my face ever!!
 

No comments:

Followers