Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A few images of note

Tribute to Wrights 
My last few weeks of summer have been spent with these two amazing kids and their family. With my family so far away, it's nice to have something that feels a little bit like home. On Saturday, Mont rented a boat and we spent 4 hours straight tubing and wakeboarding. They make me laugh and smile so much. They are just such wonderful people to be around. I sure love the Wrights and am so blessed to know them :)
Tribute to Crushes 
Just a little flashback to EFY. I love what the children call COWS (crush of the weeks) and when counselors have them. One of my co's had a massive crush on this cutie on my left. I didn't think anything had come of it till I randomly saw Wes again and asked him whats up. He told me he was kinda dating someone and I said who? And it was Jessica, my co!!! Yes!!! It just made me smile, so I took a picture with him and sent it to her. Gosh, crushes are cute... :)
Tribute to Scabs
My roommates and I went out to play volleyball as a last evening together as room mates. Keshia is getting married so is leaving us. While we were playing, I went in for the epic dive, like always, and conveniently under a foot of sand also lay some massively hard concrete. So my foot starts bleeding, the ball didn't even go over the net, and we leave so we can clean the wound. Now it is a nasty greenish scab that gets quite the looks when I wear flip flops. But I think scabs are awesome! The fact that blood can coagulate into this rock hard thing blows my mind! Bodies are so cool!!! Scabs, you rock....

1 comment:

Phil and Molly said...

Oh Lauren! I love you girl! This is a great post...I will soon be sharing my pretty awesome scab story :)

Followers