Friday, March 11, 2011

First Voice Recital

On March 2nd, 2011 my voice students performed their first recital. I am so blessed to be the teacher of over ten students. I love teaching them and being around their wonderful personalities. I found this darling retirement home called Legacy home and asked if we could do a recital for the residents while they ate dinner. I had eight girls who wanted to participate and all showed up in their Sunday best looking so adorable. We set up the room so their parents and friends could sit in the front while the residents listened in the back. 

I WAS SO NERVOUS!

I think I might have even been more nervous than the girls! But all in all, it was a nice, short, quaint recital. The girls did a wonderful job, especially for it being many of their very first times singing in front of people. I accompanied them all on the piano and loved seeing their families. Again, how blessed am I? At age 19, to have 10 voice students and be payed to do something I completely love! What darling girls, what a darling place to perform, what a darling recital! I am so blessed...


1 comment:

Phil and Molly said...

I didn't know that you teach voice lessons! That is awesome! And I bet you are an amazing teacher, those girls are so lucky :)

Followers